Please read before posting
We are all really excited to have our class blog and to be able to share the story of our year. Keeping the blog a safe and secure place to work is very important. Through the use of the blog the children have the opportunity to develop their understanding of online safety and how to behave when on the web.
We have a few simple guidelines that we need to keep to in order to make the most of our class blog.
- Children are to only use their first name when commenting.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Tim’s Mum” or “Megan’s Grandfather”.
- All posts will be checked by Mrs Humphries before they are published to the blog.
- All comments are moderated by Mrs Humphries before they appear on the blog.
- Always be respectful for other people’s work – be positive or offer constructive criticism if you are going comment.
- No text talk – write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
- Try to make blog post interesting, we want this to be a place where we wow our audience.
- Everyone in Year 5 and 6 will stick to these guidelines.
If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please pop into the classroom and have a chat with Mrs Humphries who will be happy to help.